Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Keeping Positive with Cancer

After 5 weeks in the hospital, I finally was able to go home.  One month later, I have returned for one week (5 days) of chemotherapy inpatient.  After this intial week, I will be continuing with chemo 5 days /week for 10 weeks.  It will be tough.  It feels like it will last forever, and I just want this over with...but I know I need to stay positive.

Keeping a positive attitude is of the utmost importance in my mind.  I know that when I try to stay positive, my family and friends say I sound better and look better when they visit or we talk on the phone.  When you put it out there that you are in this to get better...you feel better...and I think your body starts to improve.  Sure, chemo is not exactly my idea of fun.  You don't really feel it, it doesn't hurt, but your body reacts to it...with time.  During my first round of chemo, (induction), I would get an upset stomach in the middle of the night that would last until 10 am.  Even with anti nausea medicine, it was hard to control.  Of course, everyone is different.  I hated the side effects, and I am not looking forward to 10 weeks of side effects.  I am, however, looking forward to getting better.
Cancer will not get the best of me...I will get better and get better as quick as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment