Friday, September 6, 2013

A letter to my love

Dearest N,
I saw you cry for the first time in February, when the doctor came in the room and told us they thought I had this form of leukemia.  We both were shocked and cried together.  That day changed our lives forever.  I have spent many nights praying to God to keep me here a bit longer, because I wasn't ready to go, and mostly because I thought we haven't had enough time together.  I love you so much, and because of you, I was able to get through this thing called cancer.  I am a stronger person with your support.  You have spent every day this year taking care of me.  Sure, we have had some great breaks where I was fine and mobile and happy.  We've also had some days (recently) where I didn't get up from the couch all day.  You've seen the not so pretty side of me and how cancer affects someone.  You are wonderful and amazing for sticking by me and getting me through this.  I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me.  I love you and thank God every day for bringing you into my life.
Love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment