Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy 2017!

So, this year, wouldn't it be great if they found a cure for all cancers?

Recently, one of the strongest young ladies that influenced me (emma Rose) has relapsed with her leukemia.
I wanted to send a big virtual bear hug and sincere good thoughts to you Emma!
You are a strong warrior princess...and I know you will beat this yet again!

You have influenced me in how I fought my leukemia.  You have influenced me to help others in need...from baking cookies and delivering them to my doctor's chemo area, making gift bags to those staying in the hospital with things like lip balms, puzzle books, and good soft kleenex, and even starting a cancer support group at my church (we didn't get much activity, but we tried).
Your positive attitude helped me with my fight-- I had just been diagnosed and found your facebook page and it helped me in numerous ways.  I remember being up in the middle of the night, lying in my hospital bed, and just crying.  I was nervous.  I was lonely.  I felt like I was being punished by God.  I was scared.  I felt like my life was over.  And, I got over it.  I cried and I missed my family.
I felt like a big experiment.  From my skin breaking out in an itchy rash to the yeast infections to the skin peeling off my lips constantly.  Getting c-diff, being denied coverage on necessary medications, and mouth sores and daily blood products were just the icing on the cake.  Now I know.  Now I brave whatever comes at me...and I have your positive attitude that helped me look at things differently.
Thank you.
You Got This!

If you would like to help Emma collect toys and giftcards for children at her local hospitals who are fighting cancer--- please help her here:
https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2KHP1FSC327DA/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_ws_ui-Swb0H1VBZ8

For more info on her awesome idea and Emma, click here:
https://www.facebook.com/EmmaRose4P/

No comments:

Post a Comment