Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Update on me

Yesterday, I had my checkup with my main oncologist.  This is my final month of maintenance chemo!  I finish up mid October and am so excited!  Finally, my body will have a chance after 18 months to adjust to no meds.  Well, I still will have to take my b12 and folic acid, but hey, I can do that.  That's nothing!  I'll take a month off meds and chemo and then have yet another bone marrow biopsy.  That test will be the big kicker--- let the docs know how my body is doing, and if there is any sign of the genes switching back to cancer or if I'm doing well! 


Oh my gosh, I'm so excited.  I'm looking forward to losing some of this weight, traveling again, and regaining energy.  I know I have a lot of things I want and I know they will take time, but its been a long time coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment