Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Feeling Blessed by helping others

I have been blessed yesterday and today.
Yesterday, I was able to make some peanut butter cookies to take to the chemo bar.  No appointment, I'm great, but I just wanted to surprise those sitting there getting their meds on a hot and muggy Monday.
I think it was well received.

Today, I was walking a neighborhood, doorknocking and handing out flyers. I had no work appointments, so I thought it would be okay to spend an hour trying to drum up some business.  Going from one door to another, a little elderly lady yelled from across the street, "Miss, can you help me?"

She was attached to a portable oxygen machine and was struggling to get her groceries out of her trunk.  Today was cooler than the last few days, but it was still in the mid to upper 80s.  Turns out she has COPD and a few other issues...and every time she talked it sounded like she was out of breath.  
I carried her groceries inside, set everything on the counter and helped her attach to her big oxygen machine in the living room.  As we were talking and chatting, she reached over to give me a big hug and tell me that I really made her day.  She doesn't have any family around here and its pretty lonely.

I feel like she was the reason I had no appointments and decided to go knock on doors in that neighborhood to see if anyone wanted to sell their home.  She was the only reason, even though my sweaty self was able to hand out 15 flyers (market updates in that neighborhood) and have 3 really good conversations in less than 2 hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment