- cancer diagnosis
- likelihood of never having children
- treatment-- chemo
- all the blood transfusions
- gallbladder removal
- losing my hair
- getting a port put in
- allergic reactions to medication
- all the vomiting
- losing my sense of taste
- increased sense of smell
- gaining lots of weight and losing lots of weight
- yeast infections
- the shape of my tongue changed
- c-diff and wearing diapers
- not being able to stand or think clearly
- wearing a surgical mask everywhere I went, even just outside
- money/insurance issues
- crazy headaches from the ATRA pills
- light sensitivity
- skin peeling all over
- losing my fingernails and toenails
- chemo induced menopause-- all the hotflashes (10/hour!)
- losing hair in places I didn't think was necessary and missing its purpose!
- sleeping 12 + hours a day on the couch
- showers with the port
- port changes and daily flushes
- home nurse
- pneumonia on Christmas
- wisdom teeth removal
- cracks in teeth
- becoming allergic to everything I use on a daily basis
Friday, February 3, 2017
Yesterday, I turned 4.
Wow, time flies. Almost two years I was treated for leukemia, and the past two years I have spent trying to get back to living. Its been rough.
Yesterday, I was talking to my boyfriend about that day and what followed. Everything that happened and came so quickly-- dealing with
Now its about living.
I am blessed to be alive. Endless hours of golden girls during my treatment taught me nothing is the end. we keep going even after the show is cancelled.