Monday, August 20, 2018

Ruff Last Night

Frank had a rough night last night.  The coughing started around midnight, after a potty break.
From there, he coughed every half hour or so into morning.
We went out again around 4:30, where he did his business, coughed some more, then came in.  I gave him a benedryl and cough pill.  After a treat from being such a good boy, he laid down. 
He coughed more, until about 6:00 am, and fell asleep.
I had to wake him at 7:30 for morning pills and another potty.
Less coughing, which is good.  I'm thinking we need to take the cough pill a bit more frequently again.

This is so hard for him, it hurts to see him in pain when he coughs that much.

My window for taking new appointments at work is very small--I need to be home for him.  With that, I am dealing with a small amount of clients right now, and I am okay with it...its tough.  I am just finally getting back my energy, but being up every few hours in the night makes it hard to be awake during the day.

The street department is doing stuff in front of our house this morning, and its really got Frank's attention.  I'm happy to see him curious about what's going on.  He isn't moving, just laying down, looking out the window.  He is not happy with them, though, and that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment