Thursday, June 20, 2013

Right now I am in chemo Monday thru Friday.  Yep, that's every weekday.  I call it my new "work".  I wake up around 6:30, shower, eat and take pills, and head to the hospital for chemo.  I am mostly done by 11:30/noon.  I head home, eat, and nap until 2 or 3.  By then, my dog is really ready to go potty and I get a whiff of the fresh air.
Today, the air was hot and humid.  My skin didn't like being outside.  I know I must have mentioned that your skin gets sensitive.  It gets really sensitive.  The bottoms of my feet have peeled, leaving them super sensitive and achy.  It hurts to walk right now.  I also have the fear in the back of my head reminding me of my first hospital stay...5 weeks of being bedridden...and walking the hospital floor a few times a day didn't help.  My muscles atrophied (is that a word?).  I don't want that again.
I was hoping to be all better by summer.  Now, summers here and I am still sick.  I can't wait for this round of chemo to be over with so I can move on to the next part of this chapter in my life.

Oh yeah, and I go through so much cream right now on my skin its annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment